Tsaang Gubat is one of the 10 herbs that is endorsed the Philippine Department of Health (DOH) as an antispasmodic for abdominal (stomach) pains. And is registered as a herbal medicine at the Philippine Bureau of Food & Drug (BFAD).
Tsaang Gubat is small tree that grows (from 1 to 5 meters) abundantly in the Philippines.In folkloric medicine, the leaves has been used as a disinfectant wash during child birth, as cure for diarrhea, as tea for general good health and because Tsaang Gubat has high fluoride content, it is used as a mouth gargle for preventing tooth decay.
Research and test now prove it's efficacy as an herbal medicine. now a days Tsaag Gubat, it is now available commercially in capsules, tablets and tea bags.
Scientific name: Ehretia Microphylla Lam.
Tsaang Gubat is also known as: Wild Tea, Forest Tea, in (Visayas Region) Alibungog ,
in(Bicol Region)Putputai, and in (Ilocos Region)they called it Maragued.
Benefits of Tsaang Gubat:• it treats Stomach pains
• it treats Gastroenteritis
• it trears Intestinal motility
• it treats Dysentery
• it treats Diarrhea or Loose Bowel Movement (LBM)
• used as Mouth gargle
• used as Body cleanser/wash
Procedure & Use:
• Thoroughly wash the leaves of tsaang gubat in running water. Chop to a and boil 1 cup of chopped leaves in 2 cups of water. Boil in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes and drain.
• Take a cupful every 4 hours for diarrhea, gastroenteritis and stomach pains.
• Gargle for stronger teeth and prevent cavities.
• Drink as tea daily for general good health.
Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Posted by First published at 23:55