Tanglad or they call it lemon grass is a commercially-viable. It can be easily found in most Asian countries, and it found in widely tropical areas. By nature, tanglad is a permanent or perennial plant, and the benefits of which are not restricted to its fragrance. The utility of tanglad basically lies in its leaves, where all the benefits are derived. What can be seen of this plant are mainly the leaves, which is easy to access to the main part that is needed in order to enjoy tanglad's health benefits.
It constitutes most of this plant above ground, as the leaves grow up to one meter in length, and are flat in shape.
Health Benefits of Lemon Grass | Tanglad
• It helps ease stomach discomforts and aids in lessening, if not totally curing, the pain caused by toothache and sprain.
• It is also displays anti-bacterial activities and anti-fungal properties, thus, eradicates ring worms. Like malunggay,
• It can be applied to sprains for easy healing.
• This can be done by chopping the leaves and roots of tanglad and boiled them, along with fresh coconut oil. If it is infusion that an individual wishes to achieve, use one pint of water to boil the tanglad leaves with.
• The Tanglad may also serve as an insect repellant,by applying liniment, or by placing crushed tanglad leaves in specific place at home including the window
• The lemon grass can aid an individual if such person is suffering from insomnia or stress.
• The plant also has therapeutic value, it allows to used by women who are suffering from menstrual problems or dysmenorrhoea.
• Tanglad also has cleansing properties, which makes it a good option to detoxify the various internal organs, like the liver.
• Lemon grass reduces the level of uric acid and of other toxins, as it detoxifies the body. The results is better blood circulation and better digestion, as excess fats and cholesterol are cut down from the body. When it's taken, tanglad affects the tissues in such a manner that there would be a significant reduction and avoidance of acne and pimples.
• It is also tones the muscles and tissues, and makes the skin firmer.
Benifits and use:
Like saluyot, exposure of an individual to the benefits of tanglad is greatly increased because of the nature with which it can be used. As saluyot can be taken in as part of one’s usual viand and dish, tanglad’s properties on the other hand, allows it to be used as food flavorings. Lemon grass is incorporated in a multitude of Asian cuisines and dishes, and in the Philippines it is even made part of commercial beverages. So aside from the oil that can be extracted from lemon grass leaves, the fluid that is obtained from the boiled leaves of this plant proves to have medicinal purposes as well. Such lemon grass leaves can also be used in its raw form by mixing directly with the food before it is served. Such dishes include, and are especially good, when the primary ingredient is fish or poultry. Besides the health benefits, tanglad balances the chili flavorings in dishes, which makes eating a more enjoyable experience.
Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Posted by First published at 23:43